Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 26 - Practical Athiest

Craig Groeschel is the Pastor of LifeChurch.tv. At the January 26, 2008, CCV Men – Breakfast we will watch and discuss a video from the 2007 Catalyst Conference where Craig delivered an inspiring message on the topic of being a Practical Atheist. The scripture that he uses is Isaiah 29:13-14 and this states that we honor Him with our mouth but our hearts are far from Him.

Following is a post from Craig which appeared on his blog, Swerve, regarding Practical Atheists. Check Craig’s blog (see the link below) for the post and the comments.

***********************************
Practical Atheists

Sometimes I’m a “practical atheist.”

Spiritually, I believe in God. But practically, I live as if He doesn’t exist.

If I REALLY trusted God, I wouldn’t worry so much.
If I REALLY believed it was His church and not mine, I’d sleep better.
If I REALLY believed in prayer, I’d spend less time strategizing and more time on my knees.

What about you?

Fill in the blanks:

If I REALLY believed _____________, I’d _______________.

I pray God stirs our hearts to live as if we really believe!

**********************************
Questions we will be asking at the breakfast:

Are you a practical Atheist?

If you are, do you want to change that?

Do you have the courage?

Plan on being there and bringing other men with you! Forward this to several other men you know at CCV.

Do some research at the following sites:

http://www.lifechurch.tv/p/741/Default.aspx

http://swerve.lifechurch.tv/2007/05/04/practical-atheists/

http://www.leadingsmart.com/leadingsmart/2007/10/craig-groeschel.html

No comments: