Monday, September 29, 2008

Empty Seats

The Philadelphia Phillies clinched the NL East title this past Saturday at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. There was a sellout crowd at CB Park in excess of 45,000 but there were at least two empty seats.

You are probably wondering who wouldn’t go to that game. What could be so important to keep someone away?

We had tickets to the game that we had purchased earlier in the year in anticipation of a pennant run by the Phillies similar to that which occurred last year. It happened again this year.

We had a great plan but when it came time to go to the game we changed our minds and didn’t go. There was a time when I was crazy about most sports, both watching and playing. But I have come to the place where, even though, this was a Championship game I realize it was just another game.

For me there are other things that give me more satisfaction and enjoyment. Sports are interesting and entertaining but not always my first choice for something to do – well especially baseball.

If I had had tickets to the Alabama Crimson Tide vs Georgia Bulldogs college football game, I would have gone.

No comments: