Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A good example

I saw a guy today that I haven’t seen in a number of months. We have known each other for several years but don’t see each other very often.


I always feel good after talking with him for even a few minutes because he always asks how I am doing, how my projects are going and how my wife is doing. He always encourages me.

After I left I took some time to think about why I enjoy seeing him and I wrote down the following: He is strong in character, committed to his cause, consistent in his beliefs, willing to serve others and positive in attitude. He is sincere and I never feel that he is using me or taking advantage of me.

What I finally realized is that he is the kind of guy I would follow into war because his words and actions are in agreement. He is a good example. He is a man of character and someone I trust even though I don’t agree with all his ideas.

It was good to see him. It was a good reminder.

No comments: