Monday, November 5, 2007

Do what God put in your heart to do.

Last night we saw Lincoln Brewster in concert at Life Church in Allentown, PA. They are a really good band.

Everything was great – the music, the venue, the people and my date (my wife).

Two messages were revealed to me last night.

· I need to spend more time doing things with my wife. The things we have been doing together for awhile have become ordinary. We spend time together and talk over meals, while in the car and watching TV but we have, or maybe I have, become complacent and too busy with other things. The previous Sunday night we went bowling and had a great time.

· I need to do what God put in my heart. Lincoln said he didn’t start to enjoy himself and feel that he was doing what God wanted him to do, until he started doing what God had put in his heart. And for him that is rock music. He did a guitar riff after only three weeks on the job at a church in California. This was not the type of music the church was used to but an elderly woman who told him to keep it up encouraged him.

Many times in life the things that will affect us or cause us to change are the little things. Take the time to listen for God trying to get through to you.

Our God is an awesome God!

2 comments:

Diane Karchner said...

Since I'm the wife he talks about, I think that would be a wonderful idea - although just sitting and talking to Ells is often the best moments of my week!!

Frank Chiapperino said...

That's awesome. Plus I like hanging with Ells too even though I'm not his wife!