Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Attitude

On a recent Trip to Juarez, Mexico to build houses for families in need, I was less than excited to go, as I am not handy with tools. I am a good go fer. Go fer this, go fer that and I am OK with that as my intent was to go to serve the people from CCV (our church) that were going as well as the people from Casas por Cristo (organization that has the Mission calling in this area) and the families receiving the houses.

Normally I can get on the right track by continuing to ask God for His direction and focusing on Him through prayer and Bible reading. But for this trip I let myself get consumed with the problems or difficulties of the trip.

I read somewhere that when we do things ourselves we see the problems or difficulties but when we trust God we see the possibilities. And if we truly have faith and belief in God we will take on challenges that we can’t do. Challenges that only God can do.

God was certainly involved in this trip as he worked in everyone’s life and helped us all to accomplish what He wanted us to do. It will be interesting to see what He does going forward in our lives. The key is to stay in touch with Him and not think that it is all about us or what we want.

No comments: