Friday, February 8, 2008

He knows where you live

Some interesting things have been happening to me recently. Many might say they are pure coincidence.

A few weeks ago I spoke with a Life Coach, who I had never met or talked with previously, and he zeroed in immediately on some issues I have been dealing with. Coincidence?

On Thursday morning I had breakfast with a friend and I felt compelled to talk about some things I had never previously discussed with him. Things that had been bothering me for a while and about which he provided good advice and some challenge. Coincidence?

On Thursday night at a meeting I attended a discussion arose about discipleship and what we need to do and how we can disciple others. This is an area that I have avoided because of some of the requirements, specifically memorization. Coincidence?

Interestingly, an important part of discipleship is our example and I am not sure I was a good example at this meeting.

On Friday, I met with a friend for coffee and he immediately went to the discipleship discussion with no prompting or questions from me. We both have talked about this in the past and we have come to the conclusion that this is what we are supposed to do. Coincidence?

I don’t believe in coincidence or alignment of the stars or reading tea leaves, etc. I know where all of this is coming from and now I need to respond in the appropriate way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow CCV'r I have been needing the discipleship. While this did not make itself known within CCV I started an independent journey. My findings may be of interest if this is something beginning to take form.

It just so happens that I have been providing counsel and resources to others within CCV needing this next step in their relationship with Christ.

Ryan