Monday, April 7, 2008

Adventure Profile

Here's a quiz from White Water Challengers in the Poconos to gauge your Adventure Profile. A group of us guys went there last year for a white water rafting trip and had a great time. We are planning to do it again this year.

My Adventure Profile Quiz

Find out if you're a true adrenaline freak ... a couch potato ... or somewhere in between. These 15 simple questions should help solve the mystery, and steer you in the right direction for your next whitewater rafting trip.

On a scale of 1 to 5, answer how strongly you agree with each of the following 15 statements, according to this scale:

1 = “I strongly disagree”2 = “I disagree”3 = “Neutral” 4 = “I agree”5 = “I strongly agree”

Here we go:
1. I enjoy bicycling when the weather is decent.
2. When it comes to vacation traveling, I prefer "winging it" to having every detail planned in advance.
3. I would rather play a sport than watch a sport.
4. There's something about stormy weather that fascinates me.
5. I would rather go for a walk than read the morning newspaper.
6. I miss some of the playfulness and curiosity of childhood.
7. Within the last five years, I’ve run a 5K (or longer) race or engaged in a formal fitness program.
8. I believe there's great value in finding and following "the road less traveled."
9. I have at least one hobby or interest that involves physical activity.
10. I'd rather tackle a project that requires creativity and effort, than one where the outcome is already assured.
11. I encourage my children (friends, associates, peers) to be curious and open to new experiences.
12. I would rather watch the National Geographic Channel than a TV game show.
13. I think I should treat myself to more quality time with family (friends, associates, peers).
14. I'm inclined to take up new pursuits (music, art, crafts, sports, hobbies) as I go through life.
15. I think about being physically fit and sometimes I actually do something about it.

Now that you’re finished, add up your score, and check the chart below to see which whitewater rafting trips you may be best suited for. Remember, our easiest trips are frequented by 5-year olds. So there’s no dodging that one, no matter how low your score.

Any questions about these trips? Just give us a ring at Adventure Central: 800-443-8554!

Total Score:

1-30
Lean to the timid side
Lehigh River Easier Whitewater TripMiddle Moose River, Summer Season
31-50
Enjoy a good adventure
Lehigh River Exhilarating Whitewater TripSalmon River Hudson River Gorge (Summer season)
51-72
Like a real thrill
Lehigh River Exhilarating Whitewater TripSalmon RiverBlack River CanyonHudson River Gorge
73-75
Look for the ultimate
Hudson River Gorge (Spring season)Black River Canyon (Spring season)Lower Moose River*
* Lower Moose River: minimum age 18; experienced only; call for details.

How'd you do?

No comments: