Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hangups

Celebrity comes with a price.

As an example, I just hit the winning shot in the big game. It came down to the last few seconds. I took the inbound pass and started dribbling up the court with such skill and flair people got their money’s worth in those few seconds of watching me.

After evading what seemed like an endless number of defenders I crossed mid court and the clock in my head was ticking down. It was in sync with game clock. I knew I had to act fast if we were to win the game.

All of sudden I heard the fans yelling 5…4…3… so I pulled up and took a jumper from downtown (just across the mid court line) and I heard one of the greatest sounds in sports. You guys know what I mean. It was nothing but plastic bag. It was the liner in the trash can in the men’s room.

I so impressed the guys who were in there that they wanted to high five. No way! Or hug. Definitely no way! Or carry me on their shoulders. Out of the question.

All that can wait til we are out of the men’s room. We men have to maintain a level of professionalism and decorum. Besides it’s weird having any kind of contact with a man in the men’s room.

Well, time to get back to work.

No comments: