Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hello?

Interesting thing about when you ask God for something. The answer may never come, it may come eventually or it may come quickly.

I believe I got an answer from God this afternoon to a prayer I prayed and posted on Friday that was looking for truth.

Was it a positive answer like the one that I expected? Not necessarily.

Was I full of hope as I expected I would be when I heard it? Not necessarily.

Was I surprised when I head it? Not necessarily because I didn’t realize it was an answer when I first heard it. I came to a realization later in the evening that I was hearing truth as I was reading through the Bible.

I don’t think it was the passage that I was reading at the time as much as it was that I was reading the Bible and I was reading it and trying to concentrate and understand what I was reading.

Some of the truth that I had heard earlier was that I didn’t give myself a chance to hear God because I always have noise (radio, TV, etc) around me.

I believe there is a great deal of truth in what I heard because it was a confirmation of some of the things that I was thinking over the last few weeks as I asked God to help me. This message put things into context and offered some possible steps to take and some solutions.

How, you ask, was the message delivered? It was offered through my wife who, as she explained it, has been praying for me. She stated her love and concern for me but also explained how she was able to hear more from God in recent weeks by reducing the amount of noise in her life.

It is easy for me to get caught up in everything that is happening around me so this seems like an appropriate answer to the prayer and who God chose to deliver it. Because it both included some things that I had thought of and it also included some things I did not think of and these would be challenging for me to do. It was also delivered by my wife who I trust explicitly. I may not always agree with her but the timing of the message and the appropriateness cause me to believe that it was from God.

It requires me to trust God and stop thinking about myself.

I asked. I heard. Now I have to be faithful and follow what I believe is God’s direction.

No comments: